GemiNaut is a user friendly GUI client for the Gemini protocol by Luke Emmet. It aims to provide a comfortable and user friendly experience of Gemini on MS Windows.
In many ways it behaves just like a normal web browser, except it is for viewing
Gopher sites and document-centric web sites (aka the Small Web) can also be viewed.
What is Gemini?
Gemini is a protocol and text format designed to radically simplify the experience of writing and sharing hypertext content on the Internet:
- https://gemini.circumlunar.space/ - Gemini Project home (on www)
- Gemini Project home : gemini://gemini.circumlunar.space/
- MarmaladeFoo now has a Gemini site: gemini://gemini.marmaladefoo.com
Key Features of GemiNaut
- Attractive GUI with familiar browser navigation features
- Focus on readability of content and ease of use
- Smooth content wrap and flow
- Image viewing and file downloads
- Content theming engine - view the same content in different visual themes or create your own
- Automatic site based themes - help to distinguish one site from another
- Easily distinguish links outside of Gemini (e.g. to HTTP web servers) from the link style
- View source
- Page level table of contents (Fabric and Dark themes)
- Support Gopher protocol
- Browse simple web sites and HTML content
- Open source/GPL 3
- Client certificates
- Good accessibility support for screen readers and assistive software
- Current release, 26-Aug-2022 - version 0.8.13 - simplify .NET dependencies, support Windows 11
- For full details of updates and change history see GemiNaut history
Download application binary for windows.