GemiNaut is a user friendly GUI client for the Gemini protocol by Luke Emmet. It aims to provide a comfortable and user friendly experience of Gemini on MS Windows.
In many ways it behaves just like a normal web browser, except it is for viewing
Gopher is now also supported since 0.8.6
What is Gemini?
Gemini is a protocol and text format designed to radically simplify the experience of writing and sharing hypertext content on the Internet:
- https://gemini.circumlunar.space/ - Gemini Project home (on www)
- Gemini Project home : gemini://gemini.circumlunar.space/
- MarmaladeFoo now has a Gemini site: gemini://gemini.marmaladefoo.com
Key Features of GemiNaut
- Attractive GUI with familiar browser navigation features
- Focus on readability of content and ease of use
- Smooth content wrap and flow
- Content theming engine - view the same content in different visual themes or create your own
- Automatic site based themes - help to distinguish one site from another
- Easily distinguish links outside of Gemini (e.g. to HTTP web servers) from the link style
- View source
- Page level table of contents (Fabric and Dark themes)
- Support Gopher protocol
- Open source/GPL 3
- Current release, 6-Jul-2020 - version 0.8.6 - includes support for Gopher, and other minor improvements
- For full details of updates and change history see GemiNaut history
Download application binary for windows.